담임목사 칼럼

목회계획을 세우면서... As I plan for Church Programs…

송종남목사 0 9,078 2012.01.10 23:20
“목회계획을 세우면서…”

신학교 다닐 때에 설교학 강의가 있었습니다. 무엇을 배웠는지 거의 잊어버렸지만 한가지 뚜렷하게 기억나는 것은 “설교는 청중이해”라는 한 구절입니다. 즉 그 설교를 듣는 청중에 따라서 설교의 방법이 달라질 수 있다는 것이었습니다.
교회 프로그램도 마찬가지라는 생각을 자주 하게 됩니다. 즉 아무리 훌륭하고 멋진 프로그램이라고 해도 어느 교회에나 다 적용할 수 있는 것은 아니라는 생각입니다. 요즘 부흥하는 어떤 교회에서 무슨 무슨 프로그램을 한다고 무조건 그것을 그대로 따라서 할 수는 없습니다. 왜냐하면 각 교회의 상황과 사정이 다 다르기 때문입니다.

요즘 저는 새해 목회 계획을 위해서 많은 생각을 합니다.
어떻게 하면 정말 내실 있는 목회를 할 것인가?, 어떻게 하면 한명 한명, 우리 교회 식구들을 충실한 그리스도의 제자로 양육 받게 할 것인가?, 어떻게 하면 아직도 정착하지 못하고 있는 델라웨어의 많은 사람들을 교회로 이끌어서 구원의 백성으로 만들 것인가? 등등,...

수많은 프로그램들이 있겠지만, 저는 올 2012년도에는 큐티에 우선 중점을 두려고 합니다. 그리고 속회와 각 선교회를 활성화시키며, 새신자 관리, 지역사회를 위한 행사, 단기선교, 그리고 우리교회에 맞는 신앙세미나를 통해서 우리의 영혼을 하나님 말씀으로 건강하게 자라게 하도록 구상 중에 있습니다.
잎만 무성한 무화과나무같이 겉으로는 그럴싸하게 돌아가는데, 내실이 없는 교회와 성도가 되지 않을까, 저 자신부터 되짚어 보면서 하나 하나 알차게 채워 가는 한 해가 되었으면 하는 바램으로, 주님께 지혜를 구하면서 목회 계획을 세우고 있습니다.

“As I plan for Church Programs…”

I remember taking a Sermon & Preaching class at seminary school. I don’t remember much what I’ve learned in that class but I remember one line from that class. That is “Sermon means understanding the church congregation.” In other words, depending on the kind of congregation, the ways of giving and preparing sermon and preaching will change. I think it’s the same with church programs. Even if we come up with wonderful ideas for church programs, we cannot apply to all churches in the same way. Simply copying programs from the growing and reviving churches doesn’t necessarily mean that they are appropriate for our church and for our congregation. It’s because each and every church situation and circumstances are all different.

These days, I think a lot about programs and activities for this year. I ask following questions: “How can we do ministry that has real substance? How can we invite every single church members to grow to be true disciples of Christ? How can we draw many non-church going people in Delaware to become God’s own people?

There can be many programs but this year, I would like to put emphasis on QT.
Also, I would like to see strengthening and revitalization of Class-Meetings and Mission Groups. I envision our souls becoming healthy through Bible study. I do not want our church to be a fig tree only with leaves. I do not want our church to have the appearance of something but actually have something substantial. As I think about this year’s plan for our church, I pray to God for wisdom and for a fruitful year.

Comments