담임목사 칼럼

“주여, 우리에게 부흥의 꿈을 주소서!”

송종남목사 0 9,034 2011.03.28 22:55
제가 이 교회에 담임목사로 부임한지 3개월이 되었습니다. 몇몇 교우들로부터 우리교회의 분위기가 많이 달라졌고 표정이 밝아졌다는 얘기를 듣습니다. 어느 교우 분이 “저는 이 교회에 나온 이후 처음으로 주일이 그리워졌습니다.” 하셨습니다. 교회에 대한 칭찬을 들을 때 부끄럽지만 너무나 감사한 일입니다. 그러나 이런 때일수록 우리는 더욱 겸손해지고 들뜨지 말아야 할 것입니다. 사람들에게 칭찬 받는 교회가 되어야 합니다. 그러나 나아가서 주님이 칭찬하시는 교회되어야 할 것입니다. 그러나 간간히 우리 교회 안에 오랫동안 쌓여왔던 내적 문제들이 불거져 나오고, 교회를 향한 다른 욕구들이 분출됨을 지켜보면서, 하루빨리 이러한 문제들이 치유되고, 더 나아가 건강한 교회로 성장하도록 우리 모두가 노력을 해야 할 것입니다.
지금 우리 델라웨어한인감리교회는 새로운 지도력 밑에 기초를 튼튼히 하는 과정가운데에 있습니다. 약하고 썩어있는 기둥들은 걷어내고 새롭고 든든한 토대를 세우기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 항상 이러한 일을 진행하다 보면 여러 잡음이 들리고 어려움이 따르기 마련이지만, 후에 돌이켜 보면 결과적으로는 반드시 있어야 할 성숙의 과정이라는 것을 깨닫게 되리라 믿습니다.
앞으로, 우리 교회가 문자 그대로 새 시대의 문을 열어야 할 때입니다. 새로운 세대를 향한 델라웨어감리교회의 역할이 이제부터 본격적으로 펼쳐져야 한다는 말입니다. 그러기 위해서는 교회 내에 누구나 믿음생활을 확실히 뿌리내리고, 거기에 멈추는 것이 아니라 성령충만의 불길이 솟아나야 할 것입니다. 마치 사도행전 2장에 기록된 예루살렘 교회의 부흥과 폭발을 연상하듯이 우리가 준비된 자세를 갖추게 된다면 이 시대를 향한 본질적인 사명을 감당해 나아가는 교회로 성장시켜 주실 것을 믿어 의심치 않습니다.
저도 담임목사로서 제 위치와 역할을 계속 재정비하고 그에 따른 준비를 게을리 하지 않으려 합니다. 요즘 계속 저의 마음은 하나님이 열어주시는 교회부흥의 기대감으로 충만합니다. 건강한 부흥의 꿈입니다.
주여, 이 교회를 복 주시고 이 교회 성도들을 사용하소서!!

Lord, Give Us Vision for the Church Revival!”
It’s been 3 months since I became the senior pastor of this church. From some church members, I hear that our church’s atmosphere and faces have brighten. One member commented, “Since I came to this church, I look forward to Sunday worship service.” I’m thankful for this. However, when we hear compliment like this, we need to be humble and not get too excited. We need to be a church that people are pleased with. More so, we need to be a church that our Lord is pleased with. Unfortunately, from time to time, we are confronted with unresolved inner struggles of the church. I hope that our church will quickly be healed of past wounds and find solutions so that our church will grow to be a healthy church. For this end, we need corporate efforts.
We are presently at a juncture of strengthening the church under a new leadership. We are in the process of new adjustments and changes so that we could build upon a good and strong foundation. New adjustments and changes will undoubtedly bring about oppositions and difficulties. However, ultimately in the end, we will realize that this was all necessary part of growing process.
From now on, literally, we need to open a new chapter of new era. Delaware Korean United Methodist Church’s full-scale effort is essential in opening this new generation. In order to accomplish this, everyone of church members must be rooted in faith and continually be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. Just like the Day of Pentecost and the revival of Jerusalem Church in Acts 2, if we prepare ourselves, then we will be empowered to carry out substantial and effective ministry in this age and God will bless our church to grow.
As the senior pastor of this church, I constantly re-examine myself and keep myself diligent for preparation and ministry. These days, my heart is full of expectation for what God would do for the revival of our church. This is a healthy vision. Lord, bless our church and use your people!

Comments