담임목사 칼럼

지역 사회의 Role Model 델라웨어 한인감리교회 Delaware Korean UMC as a Role Model Chur…

송종남목사 1 11,159 2011.08.16 23:44
지금 저는 50대 중반에 접어들면서 아마도 지금이 저의 일생 가운데 가장 책임이 무겁고 바쁜 황금기라는 것을 자주 느끼곤 합니다. 올 초에 제가 이곳으로 부임한 이후 하나님의 은혜 가운데 지금까지 우리교회가 힘차고 풍성하게 진전되고 있어 기쁘기 짝이 없습니다. 그렇지만 담임목사의 위치에서 최대한 관심을 갖고 기도로 관심을 가지고 이것들을 바른 방향으로 이끌어 가야 할 책임들이 있습니다. 주일 예배와 각종 예배의 설교를 준비하고 심방, 행정, 교육, 그 외의 자료들을 만들어야 하는 책임 또한 점점 늘어나면 늘어났지 줄지는 않고 있습니다. 그것을 위해 틈틈이 책을 읽고 연구하며 묵상해야 하는 시간들이 반드시 확보되어야 합니다. 또한 병든 분들, 힘든 분들, 위기에 빠진 분들이 생겨나면 담임목사는 뛰어가야 되고 함께 아파하게 되는 가장 중요한 목양의 현장들이 늘 펼쳐져 있습니다.

이 지역 모임에 가게 되면 많은 분들이 델라웨어 한인 감리교회의 소식을 묻는 분들이 많습니다. 우리 교회의 뉴스레터나 설교테이프를 듣고 우리 교회 소식을 모르는 것이 없습니다. 심지어, 누구의 장례식은 잘 치루었는지...,누구는 퇴원을 하셨는지.... 그분의 이름을 척척 대가며 묻기까지 하셔서 웃지 않을 수가 없습니다. 그때마다 느끼는 것은 우리교회 소식들이 이 지역에 빠르게 퍼지고 있으며, 부러움과 기대감들을 갖고 계시다는 사실입니다.

예산의 많은 부분을 선교에 할당하고 지원하는 일이며, 아름다운 예배 분위기, 교회학교에 대한 관심, 지역 사회를 위한 한글학교 및 여러 행사들 그리고 조용하지만 변화가 일어나고 있다는 교회소식들, 이렇게까지 빨리 '델라웨어 한인감리교회' 소식이 전해지고 있는가 하며 놀랄 때가 한 두 번이 아닙니다. 이런 때일수록 우리 교회의 역할과 책임이 크다는 것을 느끼지 않을 수가 없습니다.

아무튼 이 지역의 형제 교회들에게 Roll Model을 감당해야 할 영적 책임이 어차피 델라웨어 한인감리교회에게 놓여졌다는 책임감을 느끼게 됩니다. 앞으로 우리 교회가 이 지역뿐 아니라 미전역의 다른 많은 교회들에게 자극이 되고 도전장이 될 수 있는 교회가 되기를 소원합니다. 이 일을 위해 우리 모두가 더욱 책임을 느끼며 주를 섬기시는 성도님들이 되시기를 바랍니다.

할렐루야!

Every so often, I realize that I have been entrusted with heavy and demanding duties and responsibilities. I consider age of mid fifties to be the golden age of crucial responsibilities and busy work. Earlier this year, as I was appointed as the Senior Pastor of our church, I’m thankful and happy that our church has been growing in strength and abundance in grace of God. Being in a position as the Senior Pastor of this church, there are certain duties that must be given priority to and utmost attention to, and I have the responsibility to fulfill them. There are increasing demands for preparations of Sunday worship services, sermons, visitations, administration, education and others. The time must be recovered for reading of books, in-depth study and meditation. Also, as the senior pastor, I must attend to the needs of sick church members and those who face difficult situations.

Sometimes, when I attend Delaware Korean Association Meeting, many people ask me about Delaware Korean UMC news. They hear the news about our church through sermon tapes and worship bulletin. I cannot but laugh at times because they know so well what’s going on at our church. They even name a person who just had a funeral or came out of a hospital. This indicates how rapidly Delaware Korean UMC news spreads in this area and how much expectation they have of our church.

Many times, I’m surprised by the rapid spread of good news about our church such as large percentage of mission fund support, worshipful atmosphere of worship sanctuary, special concern of youth & children ministries, program for Korean community, and all the positive changes that are happening at our church. As good news about our church is spreading throughout Delaware community, I feel the serious responsibility of our church to be the positive role model church in Delaware.

I was challenged by this spiritual responsibility of Delaware Korean UMC to be the role model church in this area. I sincerely hope that our church will not only be the role model church in Delaware area but also throughout the States being a catalyst and challenge to all the other churches. For this cause, let us feel the responsibility to be good examples and serve the Lord diligently. Hallelujah!

Comments

주여 2011.09.02 07:11
한달에 한번 올리시는 글을 기다리기에는 너무 오랜 시간입니다.
좀더 자주 접하고 싶은 마음에 목사님에게 화이팅!!
이것은 모두 델라웨어 뉴스레터 목사님컬럼에 있는 글로 반복되기 때문에 새로운 글을 게재하면 어떨까요?  목사님에게 운영자가 건이하는 것을 생각해 봄직 합니다.
Category
+ 바로가기 링크
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand